2012–present, Downstream, User Experience Strategist and
Senior Interaction Designer, Portland, OR
Multidisciplinary design firm specializing in branded environments with immersive interactive software platforms for B2B corporate and athletic clients. User experience lead on projects for Boeing Defense, Red Hat, USASOC at Fort Bragg, CoreLogic, Raiders, Verizon, and Google. Served as a project leader for IBM, Microsoft, General Mills, Johnson Controls Shanghai, Northwestern Mutual, BMC Software, VMware, and F5 Networks.
- Advocate, author, customize, scale, and implement user-centered design methods across agency work phases.
- Lead stakeholder workshops with cross-functional groups to gather requirements for informing actionable concepts and end to end strategy.
- Build consensus among multidisciplinary teams to implement software solutions that address customer needs and business goals.
- Client-facing role with key stakeholders across the entire iterative process: discovery, user flows, prototypes, style frames, development, implementation, and ongoing improvement.
- Conduct user testing on prototypes to test assumptions, validate use cases, and improve.
- JennieMoraitis.com. Self-published two books for print-on-demand and Kindle. Built touch-points for several online product launches and lead generation: landing pages, emails, opt-ins. Produced several WordPress sites, Teachable sites, Gumroad listings, ConvertKit forms, Leadpages, Zapier integrations, and more.
- LeapFrog. Custom typeface based on logo and tagline for international communications.
- Matli Group. Various projects including Keynote presentations, style guides, branding, custom typeface projects, websites, and consumer product graphics.
- 344 Design. DVD production for Stefan G. Bucher’s 100 Days of Monsters book, design work on The Art of Lynda.com, custom typeface and design work on 344 Questions, production work on various other books, photographic contributions to The Graphic Eye, and custom typeface work on The Yeti Story.
- Doyald Young. Production work on Dangerous Curves, invitations, and DoyaldYoung.com updates.
- Citrix Online. Design and production of web banner ads and other marketing materials.
- Moraitis Creative. Managed work for small business clients, press checks, and concept development.
- Arlington Heights Memorial Library. Promotional posters, brochures, newsletters, and photography.
- Aquent Partners. Assignments focused on website layouts, components, and visual ideas.
- Fresh Eyes Berlin study abroad: exhibit concept design, graphics, website, and photography.
- Teaching assistant in Doyald Young’s lettering class for the Summer 2007 term.
- AIGA student group board member serving as programming chair from Fall 05 to Summer 07.
2010–2012, BRC Imagination Arts, Graphic Designer, Burbank, California
Themed Entertainment company specializing in cultural exhibit experiences, and brand attractions. Engaged in a variety of in-house marketing and design projects. Designed and produced two portfolio book projects documenting BRC work for Shanghai Expo 2010. Other projects include presentation templates and vision books for BRC clients.
2008–2010, Evenson Design Group, Graphic Designer, Culver City, California
Boutique Los Angeles design firm. Projects focused on brand identity and marketing communications. Directed freelance designers, interns, and developers. Assisted with estimates, proposals, and presentations. Responsible for on-going updates of web marketing through social media campaigns, search engine optimization, EvensonDesign.com, email newsletters, and promoting events held at the studio.
2007–2008, Looking, Graphic Designer, El Segundo, California
Multidisciplinary design firm specializing in built experiences, branding, and cultural collateral. Work included environmental, print and web design. Assisted on environmental projects with ideas and diagrams.
2004–present, Moraitis Design, Ongoing Freelance Work: Los Angeles, California and Portland, Oregon
Assisted various design firms, individuals, and companies with design and production work.
2000–2004, Freelance and Full-time Graphic Designer: California and Illinois
Design and production work for a wide variety of projects in print, web, and interactive.
Art Center College of Design, Pasadena, California
2005–2007, Bachelor of Fine Arts in Graphic Design
Projects combined research and visual thinking to inform the design process and develop work unique to the content. Special emphasis on design strategy, exhibit design, and lettering.
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, Urbana, Illinois
1996–2000, Bachelor of Fine Arts in Graphic Design
User Experience: research, workshops, training, user empathy, user stories, user journeys, wireframes, prototypes, usability testing, features lists, documentation, user acceptance testing, implementation strategy, content strategy.
Creative: art direction, strategy, visual research, ideation sketching, visual organization, typography, lettering.
High Proficiency: InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, FontLab, Keynote, Powerpoint, Lucid Chart, Invision App, XD.
Working Knowledge: After Effects, Screenflow, Atom, LibreOffice, MS Office 365 Suite, G-Suite, Sketch.
Verbal Communication: client presentation, workshop leader, training, discussion, critique, analysis, persuasion.
Teamwork: direct team members, prioritize tasks, energetic, responsible, takes initiative, positive outlook.
Portfolio and references available upon request