Lead Product Designer
I guide teams to design solutions that validate assumptions with research, empathy, stakeholder feedback, strategy, consensus building, testing, and improving.
I like facilitating discovery conversations, designing web interfaces, and visually documenting design solutions.
2021–Present, Business Alliance Financial Services (BAFS), Lead Product Designer, Monroe, Louisiana
Fintech company providing commercial loan software-enabled services to credit unions. Serving as a lead product designer updating and improving the software called BLAST used by BAFS and their clients.
2012–2021, Downstream, Senior Designer and User Experience Strategist, Portland, Oregon
Multidisciplinary design firm specializing in branded environments with immersive interactive software platforms for B2B corporate and athletic clients. Served as a design lead on projects for IBM, Microsoft, General Mills, Buffalo Sabres, Johnson Controls Shanghai, Northwestern Mutual, and BMC Software. User experience lead on projects for Boeing Defense, Red Hat, USASOC at Fort Bragg, CoreLogic, Raiders, Verizon, and VMware.
- Advocate, author, customize, scale, and implement user-centered design methods across agency work phases.
- Lead stakeholder workshops with cross-functional groups to gather requirements for informing actionable recommendations and UX strategy.
- Build consensus among multidisciplinary teams to implement software solutions that address end-user needs and business objectives.
- Client-facing role with key stakeholders across the entire iterative process: discovery, user flows, sketches, prototypes, hi-fi mockups, development, and implementation.
- Conduct user testing on prototypes to test assumptions, validate use cases, and improve.
2010–2012, BRC Imagination Arts, Graphic Designer, Burbank, California
Themed Entertainment company specializing in cultural exhibit experiences, and brand attractions. Designed two portfolio books documenting BRC work for Shanghai Expo 2010.
2008–2010, Evenson Design Group, Graphic Designer, Culver City, California
Boutique Los Angeles design firm. Projects focused on brand identity and marketing communications. Directed freelance designers, interns, and developers. Assisted with estimates, proposals, and presentations. Responsible for ongoing updates of web marketing through social media campaigns, search engine optimization, EvensonDesign.com, email newsletters, and promoting events held at the studio.
2007–2008, Looking, Graphic Designer, El Segundo, California
Multidisciplinary design firm specializing in built experiences, branding, and cultural collateral. Work included environmental, print, and web design.
2004–present, Moraitis Design, Ongoing Remote Work: Los Angeles, CA and Portland, OR
Supporting various design firms, individuals, and companies remotely with design work.
- JennieMoraitis.com. Self-published two books for print-on-demand and Kindle. Built touch-points for several online product launches and lead generation: landing pages, emails, opt-ins. Produced several Wordpress sites, Teachable sites, Shopify listings, ConvertKit forms, Leadpages, Zapier integrations, and more.
- LeapFrog. Custom typeface based on logo and tagline for international communications.
- Matli Group. Various projects including Keynote presentations, style guides, branding, custom typeface projects for Hollister Co., websites, and consumer product graphics.
- 344 Design. DVD production for Stefan G. Bucher’s 100 Days of Monsters book, design work on The Art of Lynda.com, custom typeface and design work on 344 Questions, production work on various other books, photographic contributions to The Graphic Eye, and custom typeface work on The Yeti Story.
- Doyald Young. Production work on books, invitations, and DoyaldYoung.com.
- Citrix Online. Design and production of web banner ads and other marketing materials.
2000–2004, Freelance and Full-time Graphic Designer, California and Illinois
Design and production work for a wide variety of projects in print, web, and interactive.
- Moraitis Creative. Managed print and interactive work for local small businesses.
- Arlington Heights Memorial Library. Promotional collateral, newsletters, and photography.
- Aquent Partners. Assignments focused on websites, components, and visual ideas.
Art Center College of Design, Pasadena, California, 2005–2007, Bachelor of Fine Arts in Graphic Design
Projects combined research and visual thinking to inform the design process and develop work unique to the content. Special emphasis on research, design strategy, exhibit design, and lettering.
- Fresh Eyes Berlin study abroad: research, exhibit concept design, graphics, website, and photography.
- Teaching assistant in Doyald Young’s lettering class for the Summer 2007 term.
- AIGA student group board member serving as programming chair from Fall 05 to Summer 07.
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, Urbana, Illinois, 1996–2000, Bachelor of Fine Arts in Graphic Design.
- User Experience: research, workshops, training, user empathy, user stories, user journeys, wireframes, prototypes, usability testing, features lists, documentation, user acceptance testing, implementation strategy, content strategy.
- Creative: art direction, strategy, visual research, ideation sketching, visual organization, typography, lettering.
- Verbal Communication: client presentation, workshop leader, training, discussion, critique, analysis, persuasion.
- Teamwork: direct team members, prioritize tasks, energetic, responsible, takes initiative, positive outlook.
- High Proficiency: InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, FontLab, Keynote, Powerpoint, Google Slides, Lucid Chart, InVisionApp, Adobe XD, Trello.
- Working Knowledge: After Effects, Screenflow, Atom, LibreOffice, MS Office 365 Suite, G-Suite, Sketch, Balsamiq, Pivotal Tracker, Smartsheet.
Beaverton, OR 97007